Mary Brandon – Feminism’s Answer To Timothy Treadwell…

In a Facebook post which exposes the darker side of the annual street party “supposed to be about community and good vibes”…

Ahahahahahaha! Is it really? Pull the other one!

… Mary Brandon said she spent nine hours at hospital receiving treatment following the alleged assault.

Ms Brandon encouraged others to raise awareness of her image and “get the word out that this isn’t OK”. Since being uploaded yesterday it has been shared more than 5,000 times.

Raising some awareness of the perpetrator’s image might have done more good. Do tell, Mary..?

Describing the incident at the celebrations on Monday, Ms Brandon said: “A man in the crowd grabbed my arse. (Ed: How uncouth…) When I told him not to he did it again.

“I pushed him away, exercising my right to tell a man to stop touching my body without my permission, so he took a swing at me and punched me in the face.”

Oh dear, turns out that all that feminist claptrap only works in the pages of the ‘Guardian’ & ‘Indy’ and not in real life.

In real life, when a predator targets you, shouting about ‘your rights’ doesn’t help much, not does it function as a magical spell forcing the predator to cease and desist.

In real life, if you can’t back up your rights with force, better to not wander into the predator’s lair in the first place.

9 comments for “Mary Brandon – Feminism’s Answer To Timothy Treadwell…

1. ivan
    September 6, 2014 at 10:16 am

Where have all the feminists gone?
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

2. Brightside Bob
    September 6, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I promise I’m not missing the point(s), but the b****rd who hit her is a coward & deserves to be beaten to a pulp (purely for his own educational good of course).

• September 14, 2014 at 7:11 am

Oh, agreed! But she’s not equipped to do it.

3. Errol
    September 6, 2014 at 12:26 pm

While I appreciate that her bleating about ‘her rights’ is stupid and daft, touching someone without their permission is wrong – whatever sex you are.

Suggesting that she shouldn’t be able to go to these events isn’t rational. That leads to decent people becoming prisoners and rabble running free.

It would be far more sensible to have a stronger criminal code, one that involves flogging, for example.

• September 14, 2014 at 7:11 am

Oh, I don’t suggest she shouldn’t go there. Just shouldn’t weep & wail when the inevitable happens.

4. john in cheshire
    September 6, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Notting Hill carnival. Isn’t that an ethnic ‘do’? There’s a good chance it wasn’t a white English male who assaulted this woman. The bit I read didn’t describe the perpetrator.

• September 7, 2014 at 8:07 am

I don’t remember where I saw it (but I think it may have been a local newspaper) in which their report of the assault cut and pasted a Facebook entry by Ms Brandon that referred to the attacker being black.

“There’s a good chance it wasn’t a white English male” is becoming the default position when the media and the police go out of their way to avoid the identification of a crim – surely, not the result immigration apologists intended.

• September 14, 2014 at 7:12 am

Yup, it’s a dead giveaway.

5. Ed P
    September 6, 2014 at 9:03 pm

You can be sure the treatment did not take nine hours. It’s more likely it was: 3 hours waiting to be seen by anyone more qualified than a receptionist, 2 hours waiting in another corridor while the nurses had a break or two, 1 hour filling in pointless forms with multiple tick-boxes (such as are you a smoker or is anyone in your house a smoker?), 1 more hour waiting fro an actual doctor, 45 minutes treatment and 75 minutes waiting for transport home.

Been there, done that (too many times and it’s always a crap experience). “Envy of the world” my arse!