French election – another Watergate?

Exhibit 1: Quel citoyen français pourrait éventuellement faire honte à la France en votant pour ces deux?

Exhibit 2: Already booking the victory venue:

Exhibit 3: More importantly, Macrongate:

No point printing that, it’s in French – you get the idea.

Exhibit 4: Shutdown on reporting it:

It does have implications for Europe and for our Brexit, although Brussels is behaving so badly, the push might come from our walking away but frankly, I don’t trust May to do it.

6 comments for “French election – another Watergate?

1. Distant Relative
    May 6, 2017 at 7:39 am

Exhibit 5? 😉 Macrongate and his off-shores in English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FBOcNSwDF8

• May 6, 2017 at 10:52 am

This one’s playing out right now, Assange has weighed in on Twitter.

2. May 6, 2017 at 10:38 am

I woke up this morning (5:00 a.m. est) with this very thought on my mind. I’m an old guy, but I remember the essential details: A break-in at the Democratic HQ in 1972 that led to Nixon’s resignation two years later. The original idea was to get information: wiretap the offices, and basically monitor the enemy. That was before computers, the internet, data storage. My, how times change!
    Today, you can just get Russian hackers to break into your enemy’s server and copy everything – all of their contracts, conversations. No fuss, no muss.
    Who needs G. Gordon Liddy?? (Ironically, I have just over 4 minutes to edit this comment.)

• ivan
      May 6, 2017 at 8:52 pm

They don’t have to be Russians (they are the whipping dogs of the looney left in the US) that do the hacking. In fact it could be the young guy next door doing a root around the web for insecure servers, and there are a lot of them out there – insecure servers, I mean.

• mona
      May 7, 2017 at 8:55 am

Where do the Russians store their sensitive information? Idaho I presume.

3. May 6, 2017 at 10:44 am

Ironically, I have just over 4 minutes to edit this comment.

That’s what the system gives you, Michael but there are humans at this end who can circumvent it. Were you to wish to redo it and post as a second comment, we would, on your instructions, delete the first, plus the bit asking us to, leaving your revised comment intact.

The reason Julia and I allow the system up front is that we’re not always here – maybe a dozen times a day, ditto with our own sites, this being a group site. We do get your messages.