The unethical era

If you look at the sum total of issues facing us, from being ripped off on holiday to the smoking bans to what you tube are up to, to everything else facing us in a given six months … and then you add health issues and all the issues from incompetence and delay in that … then a citizen is at a loss what to do.

Let’s take some specifics. A relatively minor one for me is the gas company. After literally a war for five years from 2009, it was the Ombudsman who finally forced them to act ethically. I’d stopped paying for gas altogether until such time as they gave me a real reading and not an estimated.

As I had been using gas in the interim, we agreed a debt for that of £580. I saw this ticked off on the PAYG meter until what should have been the final payment but it kept taking each time ‘for debt’. I phoned and phoned but was told the original phone call about a figure of £580 did not exist on their records and in their book, having paid around £700, there was still £300 odd to pay.

So we’re in an area here that, even though we have kept records, they are private records in their eyes and they beg to differ on the figure. This is plain dodginess but if you don’t abide by their assessment, they’ll cut you off.

Meanwhile, the electricity has been ticking over well – too well. I run things in such a way that it barely ticks over and no doubt millions of others have done similar.

There was a letter saying that the unit cost per whatever was dropping from 16p to 14p but the daily charge for the meter had jumped from 14p to 28p from April.

Moving onto ones in the news:

British tourists are queuing for up to four hours at airports because of the botched introduction of tougher EU border checks.

That’s one thing but this is just as bad on rental cars:

I’ve worked for these firms, and staff are trained specifically on upselling you a more expensive vehicle. If you don’t do it, you ultimately get ‘asked’ to leave the business! It’s beyond a joke.

Then the insurance scam, the damage scam, the actual fraud they commit. If you charge someone for a dent he did not cause, if you have emplyees take fuel from filled tanks and put it in the next car, claiming it was not filled up – that is out and out fraud. It’s a crime. That business must close down by any stated business standards.

Everyone is in the business of ripping you off blind and their very jobs depend on them doing you down – the system is set up that way – completely unethically. There is not the least concept of payment for services rendered, end of.

So, what can one do? Well, stay at home, don’t take a holiday, don’t go out because the instant you enter into any agreement at all with anyone, even buying a beer, you’re going to be taken to the cleaners.

But as you see from the gas tale above, even at home you’re being ripped off blind. BT are ripping us off with sub-standard broadband they call Infinity, meaning super-duper. It’s garbage. The entire nation is involved in ripping off other people in the nation and if they don’t, they lose their jobs.

Think about what this does for the moral character of a nation wishing to be ‘great’ again.

Then we come to youtube:

We’ll soon be applying tougher treatment to videos that aren’t illegal but have been flagged by users as potential violations of our policies on hate speech and violent extremism. If we find that these videos don’t violate our policies but contain controversial religious or supremacist content, they will be placed in a limited state.

The whole thing is beyond the pale. In whose opinion? Youtube’s. And who are these people? They are leftists in charge. Why? Why are leftists in control?

Because it is leftists who have been assisted in setting up such things. There is no online politically Deplorable content or platform provider. They’re all narrative-bound. All of them, without exception.

How? Why? Because they operate within the state system and toe the state line which is, of course, ideologically leftist. Look at that language again – religious or supremacist. Everyone knows it means Christian or patriotic, respectively.

At a minimum, this is unethical, at worst it is illegal and crime after crime.

Looking beyond their actions, the major issue for each and every one of us is how to free ourselves of it all – personally I mean.

There is one way – don’t use gas, electricity or phone, don’t go to social media of any kind, don’t marry, don’t get sick, read a book. Fine for a retiree but what about if you have a job?

I believe that concerted, coordinated protest does nothing – it’s factored in. No, the only way is to contrive a way of living which does not use anyone’s services – personally, each individual or family. As more and more do it, then market forces prevail. Twitter is teetering on the edge at the moment yet GAB has not filled the vacuum.

This is where we are – in a situation where any contact with anyone is going to cost us big.  And if we stay at the computer and go to the Mail or some other site, here are two things which annoy beyond reason:

1. Even typing in the ‘1’ caused WordPress to indent and use script to format when I don’t want formatting at all. There’s no way to switch this off, so I compose in html.

2. The Mail link above – in scrolling down the page, a pop-up vid appeared, obscuring the text. I clicked it off and scrolled down – it reappeared. I did it again and again and it kept reappearing. Ditto on Breitbart. Finally it didn’t but it played the sound anyway.

OK, so switch off pop-ups or install an ad blocker. Fine but many regular things we do want to see use it as well, e.g. people’s comments threads.

3. There was an article linked from Breitbart, I clicked and it gave me point one. To see all fifteen, I had to one by one click on an arrow to next. Aaaaggghhh, I don’t want that, I want to see the whole article right there in front of me.

All the tricky dicky things now have become so frustrating that any link at all – if it starts these games, I’m out of there, couldn’t be bothered.

And let’s not even start on paywalls.

14 comments for “The unethical era

1. Hereward Unbowed.
    August 2, 2017 at 7:49 am

James,

Imho, you missed out on a few beaut’s, good grief there are so many and not least one that should focus minds – all of us, secondary taxes; green levies, fuel duties, carbon floor pricing, renewables lunacy – it all adds up.

Then.

Property companies charging the earth to maintain your building and impositions that have become boom industries thanks to big government and bankers buy to let mortgages are so easy to procure if you own a property but try and get on the ladder and this is what happens – your leasehold given to some slick tosser or offshored to some Chinese investment company.and you will PAY.

The switch over from analogue TV signal was nothing to do with a “better service” is was so the TV producing cartels could make old TVs obsolescent overnight – and how green is it……………… very unsustainable.
    Electric cars – yeah lets please the Auto cartels – again. Moreover, if you don’t like it, the politicians will legislate diesel and petrol cars out of existence through the chimera of the ‘air pollution’ pretext/scare and remember when…………… diesel cars were the new “green alternative”?
    The green lunatics in the UK administration, the loonies in Westminster [via the vehicle of UN-EU imposed emissions targets et fekkin cetera] will truck no argument, you lot in Britain will be made to go green whatever the cost and most likely unilaterally at that. Re – how about the ludicrous idea to phase out gas heating and cooking to make domestic houses gas free by 2050?! Jumping Joseph – and quite frankly that is green insanity because gas pumped directly into homes is a very efficient way of heating and utilizing domestic cooking appliances.

Sustainability is their buzz word is it not?

We put up massive birdmincer arrays, PV arrays take up good farmland [mental] – still. Yet, the Germans are reining back [ceased actually] on their green idiocy and are designing and building NEW coal plant, just like the Japanese who’ve recently committed to building 54 new coal fired plant, the Chinese and Indians do, what with DJT doing something very similar in the US But what does Britain do – determines to shut down more coal plant and build new nuclear facilities which are presently sixty+ years old technology at a cost of eye watering margins – we could have cheap efficient coal plant by almost tomorrow but as we know the UK green eco blob fired by the beeb/Sky/ITV NGOs hold a powerful lobby out of total proportion and sway in this country – should I say stranglehold.

Ripped off? more like deliberate dereliction of obligation to energy security and cheap and plentiful power, fuel drives an economy, and where: the green agenda is killing [manufacturing and industry] us all off.

If sustainability is “the thing” why are firms allowed to get away with producing goods which only last a matter of years? ‘Planned obsolescence’ whereby all sorts of stuff is just made to fail after a certain length of time – cars, clothes, printers, LEDs, Fridges, Irons, Kettles you name it they ain’t built to last – sustainable?

Sustainability is the greatest political ambiguous fiction and coupled with the green agenda, we are browbeaten to swallow this overt duplicity and as they trash our society and add in mass immigration with all the consequent drain on resources that entails from water, power, benefits galore – an ever vastly increasing population – isn’t sustainable – not on these wee islands it isn’t.

Prices in Britain, anywhere you look the equivalent buys be they cars, smart phones to just about any sort of technology – Britain is more expensive than the US, Singapore, the EU – we are being ripped off and stuffed into a green nightmare container which is impoverishing the nation – ie: the people.

Get out of the straitjacket of the EU, that can be only the start, the people need to take back control and UK big government should be in all of our sights for it is that ‘Statism’ which needs to be put down as a priority and the laws of the land to be brought back under British jurisdiction.

It’s time to take power back and put it back in the hands of the people or, because the population is no longer ‘united’: is it already too late?

I hope against hope that, Brexit might just be in time if……. the tories can effect it and on that the jury is still out and the clock stays ticking.

• August 2, 2017 at 9:56 am

Great piece – thanks for filling that in.

• Errol
      August 2, 2017 at 7:52 pm

‘Green’ is a huge issue because it represents the next ‘scare’ story. The state uses it to take our wealth and waste it on pointless nonsense we do not need or want out of sheer fear.

Socialism – or this si what this massive distribution of other people’s money is – is just big state taking yet more control from us. More, there is no back trackingby future governments. None will say ‘actually, this electric car thing is a stupid idea. Let’s scrap it.’

Cameron poured headlong into hugging huskies: ok for him, he slaps his life costs on us. What about me, facing a 20% hike in energy bills because of *his* taxes?

Insurance is another con. They never, ever pay out and when they do they sit there, idle doing nothing about it. Why should they? They get paid regardless. Just like energy, it’s a cartel. A scam and a con. The regulator is in on it too.

We need, desperately, a low tax, small state economy where the government does the absolute minimum but no government will do that, not when votes and cash splurges can be made with other people’s money.

They’ve already spent my son’s children’s entire tax income five times over, and he’s 5 – my son, not his children. We are that far in debt and what do these posturing fools do? Set about trying to completely destroy the economy.

• Hereward Unbowed.
        August 2, 2017 at 10:16 pm

well said, I feel your anger ‘erupting’ from your words and spoken from the heart.

2. Mona
    August 2, 2017 at 1:46 pm

One or two horrors were missed out, Smart meters are really “SPY” meters, we know when you are in, when you fart, listen to your conversation. Mass immigration from sub-Saharan Africa and all points east of Dover. Take power back? we never had it. Sound anything like Tommy Robinson and you be hounded by the police (NWO enforcers) and the Labour Party SS,, known as “Hope not Hate” a Antififa subsidary. You will find out about power when we try to make Brexit a run for FREEDOM (clean break)..

3. August 2, 2017 at 9:38 pm

4. Hereward Unbowed.
    August 3, 2017 at 12:23 am

James if I may and from here:http://www.going-postal.net/2017/08/if-i-wanted-britain-to-fail.html

‘If I Wanted Britain to Fail’

If I wanted Britain to fail …To follow, not lead; to decline, not prosper; to despair, not dream. I would start with sovereignty. Even after the vote to leave, I’d continue to cede all law making to the unelected EU bureaucrats in Brussels. In return for this I would pay an exit fee of £100 billion and remain within the protectionst Single Market, ignoring the open possibilities for trade agreements with the US and Anglo spere nations. I’d police myself ruthlessly to ensure that I continue to comply with all EU laws and pay vast fines if I break rules whilst other members continue to flaunt the rules with impunity. I’d give up any remaining judicial authority that I have and look to the European Court of Justice to arbitrate in all our affairs I’d show the world how selfless I am by keeping our borders open to the vast Muslim hordes who have accepted Frau Merkel’s open invitation to come and live in Europe.

If I wanted Britain to fail…I’d cover up any Muslim attacks on our society with claims of lone wolf, no link to terrorism claims, quickly burying the news with fake stories about president Trump, President Assad or President Putin. I would demonise any perpetrator of a revenge attack as being part of a right wing, hate group that has to be eliminated. I would direct the police to stamp out any questioning of the multicultural message. I would effectively kettle the likes of Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage and others to ensure their awkward messages are never given the oxygen of publicity by the mainstream media. I would introduce legislation to shut down websites like Going Postal and Breitbart to keep the public in ignorance. I would ensure talented, pragmatists such as Jacob Rees-Mogg, Owen Patterson and John Redwood are never elevated to positions of power.

If I wanted Britain to fail … I’d ban any mention of Christianity in our schools, I’d segregate classes into boys and girls and allow the wearing of hijabs or burkas. I would also ban crucifixes so that no offence would be given to our burgeoning Muslim population. I’d ensure young children are taught about the benefits of diverse sexual orientation and encourage them to explore and experiment with their sexuality. I would focus science education on manmade climate change and ensure that they were aware that we never had named storms before 2015 and worse weather would come unless they changed their lifestyles. I’d ensure that more and more children take out large loans to take University courses in subjects that add no value but provides an opportunity to extensively expose them to the thinking of the liberal intellectuals who have pervaded all our institutions.

If I wanted Britain to fail … I would create countless new regulations and make the old ones more draconian. They would be so complicated that only bureaucrats, lawyers and lobbyists could understand them. That way small businesses with big ideas wouldn’t stand a chance – I’d give generous tax breaks to Google, Apple, Facebook, Goldman Sachs and others to ensure they help spread the right message, restrict the bloggosphere and reward the favoured elites. I’d force manufacturers to shut down production of successful British brands such as the Landrover Discovery and high performance Dyson vacuum cleaners for failing to meet EU safety and environmental regulations. Meanwhile I’ll allow German manufacturers like VW and Bosch to mislead the British public with exaggerated claims for their products without penalty.

If I wanted Britain to fail … I’d be the only country in Europe to enshrine impossible CO2 reduction targets in law. I’d take more than my share of the greenhouse emissions reduction targets and give others countries a free ride because of it. I’d make everyone feel guilty for using the energy that heats their homes, fuels their cars, runs their businesses, and powers the economy. I’d make cheap energy like gas and coal expensive, so that expensive energy like wind and solar would seem cheap. I would all-but-outlaw Britain’s most abundant sources of energy. I’d shut down our existing nuclear and coal and make shale gas so difficult and costly it wouldn’t be worth doing. I’d announce a ban on diesel and petrol cars so that we would lose what is left of our car industry and only the elite would be able to have their own cars in the future. I’d turn a blind eye to Germany building new coal fired electricity generating stations. I would transform the environmental agenda from a document of conservation to an economic suicide pact. I would concede entire industries to our global economic rivals by imposing regulations that cost billions. I would celebrate those who preach environmental austerity in public while indulging a lavish lifestyle in private.

If I wanted Britain to fail … For every concern, I’d invent a crisis; and for every crisis, I’d invent a bogeyman. I’d encourage the EU to expand into the Russian sphere of influence. I’d run down our own defences but support the creation of a European Army to stare down Putin. I’d bomb the allies of Assad even though they are the only ones fighting IS on the ground. I’d try and get Turkey into the EU so that we might have more workers willing to accept very low pay to come to the UK to prop up the Ponzi scheme that is our economy for a little longer. I’d bestow £12 billion a year in foreign aid ensuring it goes on rewarding placemen, crony executives, reducing carbon footprints and into the hands of the local despots – I’d seek to bring about regime change where strong leaders do not share my world view on human rights.

If I wanted Britain to fail … I’d make it almost impossible for farmers to farm, fishermen to fish, miners to mine, builders to build and driller to drill. And because I don’t believe in free markets, I’d invent false ones. I’d devise fictitious products—like carbon credits—and trade them on imaginary markets. I’d raise prices and disguise this as a subsidy to prop up uneconomic green industries. I’d convince people that this would create jobs and be good for the economy. I’d make it easier to stop industry than start it – easier to kill jobs than create them I’d make it impossible to fire the lazy or incompetent. I’d completely open our borders and incentivise economic migrants with the promise of generous benefits and free health care paid for by ever increasing taxes levied on the few. I’d ensure that I could buy the votes by making beneficiaries of the handouts and plethora of public sector jobs greater in number than those actually creating real value. I’d put my like thinking cronies in highly paid executive positions of publicly funded charities and NGO’s. I’d encourage them to lobby the government to do my bidding.

If I wanted Britain to fail … I would prey on the goodness and decency of the ordinary people.
    I would only need the BBC, the MSM, schools and the civil service to convince them that by fully leaving the EU would be to enter a dystopian world where there would be no jobs, no security, migrant camps, no future – a Britain unable to determine its destiny or be successful in a terrifying world of uncertainty and change.

If I wanted Britain to fail … I suppose I wouldn’t change a thing. Theresa May and her pathetic cabinet of lapdogs are doing an excellent job.

5. Hereward Unbowed.
    August 3, 2017 at 12:25 am

was the post too big?

Here’s that link again: http://www.going-postal.net/2017/08/if-i-wanted-britain-to-fail.html

“If I wanted Britain to fail” read it, please.

• August 3, 2017 at 2:38 am

Shall do. Am going to nick those comments for another post.

• Hereward Unbowed.
        August 3, 2017 at 5:05 am

I can’t wait to read it – “nick” away and as much and all you like Sir.

😉

6. Penseivat
    August 3, 2017 at 11:21 am

Hereward,
    Isn’t what you have described, the basic tenets of the Frankfurt School of Thought? Something that Corbyn, Abbott, Livingstone, et al, have been actively promoting, and silently having them implemented into law, for years, while we, in our ignorance and apathy, have allowed them to do so.

• Mona
      August 3, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Can you now if possible reduce the information above which is the absolute pure truth to a new Ten Commandments for Patriots to follow and a easy to spread message for all Patriots to do their bit, a new political force of some kind?. just thinking.

• Hereward Unbowed.
      August 3, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Indeed, indeed.

7. August 3, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Possible but first a post Saturday, 13:30.