More information has emerged this month regarding the surveillance of President Donald Trump, including the Russian dossier.
So many questions
Twitter has been the main platform for disseminating this news, designed to sow seeds of enquiry in the minds of the American public.
Andrew McCarthy of National Review tweeted:
It is a standard feature of classified information litigation that government can release an unclassified summary that summarizes facts without revealing sources/methods. No reason we can’t be told whether & how dossier used in FISA Court.
President Trump tweeted:
Disproven and paid for by Democrats “Dossier used to spy on Trump Campaign. Did FBI use Intel tool to influence the Election?”
@foxandfriends Did Dems or Clinton also pay Russians? Where are hidden and smashed DNC servers? Where are Crooked Hillary Emails? What a mess!
John Wick, a Trump campaign operative, tweeted:
I don’t know how else to put this: What transpired during the last 7 months of the Obama/Lynch administration is so flagrant & wanton in its disregard 4 the US Constitution, that many in Congress fear it can’t be litigated properly. If unveiled, it will rattle our justice system
As I mentioned in my post of January 11, it is highly probable that Obama knew about all of this, probably in detail.
A Twitter user posted evidence to this effect in the form of a video of former CIA director John Brennan testifying before the House Intelligence Committee on May 23, 2017, accompanied by a comment from someone summarising the content:
This was a Brennan operation. In testimony before the house intelligence committee May 2017, Former Director of CIA John Brennan admitted he instigated the entire intelligence operation re Trump Russia. He gives praise specifically to Sally Yates, he then proceeds to tell the committee that in July 2016 he instigated a multi agency operation which he kept the President apprised of each step of the way. He reiterates just how well informed Obama was the entire time. Watch this video’s first 20 min, Adam Schiff then Brennan’s opening statements.
On May 27, 2017, American Intelligence Media (AIM) wrote about James Clapper, former director of national intelligence, and a report from 2016:
The recent declassifying of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Court review of the Inspector General’s (IG) investigation into the National Security Agency’s compliance with existing surveillance laws was eye-opening. Basically, the NSA failed miserably on all accounts, and this assessment includes the CIA.
Briefly, the situation is that every American who has a mobile phone or computer connecting to the Internet is unknowingly providing information about their activities to the NSA. The NSA has all sorts of information. Therefore, when intelligence or government higher-ups say people such as Trump were not surveilled, they are, in a way, telling the truth. Trump — like any other American — doesn’t have to be surveilled because his information is already out there.
What happens is that someone interested in Trump must open an investigation on him, ask a security agency for permission to do a ‘query’, then, if the query leads to something deeper, said security agency grants a ‘warrant’ — as the media put it — so the data can be looked at in more detail. It’s not a warrant as such but official permission, details of which are unclear. For that reason, I will use ‘warrant’.
Potentially, such a sweeping data collection would appear to violate the Fourth Amendment. AIM says (emphasis in the original):
The report was so bad that Clapper should have been put in jail for his outright defiance of U.S. laws and his continued lies and perjury concerning surveillance of U.S. citizens, especially the Trump team. For Clapper to say that Trump was not surveilled is a bold-faced lie according to the FISA Court’s report. The very cloud-computing systems that James Clapper and his Office of National Intelligence created cannot be made to be compliant with U.S. laws. Clapper’s system, aided by Obama’s executive orders, surveils everyone in America who uses a computer tied to the internet or a cell phone.
This is what Edward Snowden warned people about.
Clapper repeatedly lied to Congress under oath about these systems and later changed his tune. He has been changing that tune continuously ever since.
It appears to be a matter of semantics. The information is already on intelligence systems, so there is no need to ask for special permission to see it. Therefore, few ‘warrants’ are granted.
This is how it works:
Part of the DNI’s cloud memory contract was awarded to Jeff Bezos, owner of Amazon and the Washington Post, for $600 million. The NSA’s Utah collection center is the other large cloud memory storage facility that, until recently, housed the spy data for years. Only now is part of that data being erased by court order. There are hundreds of thousands of people with top security clearances who can simply log unto the Clapper system and query the NSA data base and access “unmasked” raw intelligence.
Therefore, the lack of ‘warrants’ becomes clear, because everyone is, in theory, already ‘unmasked’:
Clapper and Brennan both testified that they have only ever approved a few “unmasking[s]” in their tenure. This would be impossible to believe until you understand that Clapper’s cloud-computer system does not require “unmasking” and it does not leave a paper-trail. They have created the perfect spying system for every corporate intelligence agency or foreign government to hack.
Susan Rice, former national security advisor, could also access this information. Again, for those with authorised access, no permission to unmask is necessary (emphases mine below):
Susan Rice could simply go into the White House SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) and spy on the Trump team any time she wanted, as she recently said on national news. Susan Rice said that she was following the standard procedures for “minimization of raw intelligence” and the “unmasking procedures under the section 702.” Yes, she was spying legally because of James Clapper’s negligence to follow U.S. laws concerning surveillance and his spy data-base. No one needed to “unmask” anyone, they are all unmasked. But if that is known and understood, then we would realize that a “corporate intelligence coup” has already been effected and that U.S. military intelligence has been supplanted.
The AIM article is lengthy but well worth reading. There is more on Clapper and on the extensive corporate involvement in these systems.
Obama For America’s ties to Fusion GPS, Perkins Coie
The Russian dossier story is tied to Fusion GPS and the Democrats to the law firm Perkins Coie.
Since April of 2016, Obama’s campaign organization has paid nearly a million dollars to the law firm that funneled money to Fusion GPS to compile a dossier of unverified allegations against Donald Trump.
Former president Barack Obama’s official campaign organization has directed nearly a million dollars to the same law firm that funneled money to Fusion GPS, the firm behind the infamous Steele dossier. Since April of 2016, Obama For America (OFA) has paid over $972,000 to Perkins Coie, records filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show.
OFA, which managed Obama’s successful re-election campaign in 2012, retooled after that campaign to focus on enacting the president’s agenda during his final term in office. The group reorganized again after the 2016 election and planned to use its staff and resources to oppose President Donald Trump. During the entire 2016 campaign cycle, the group spent only $4.5 million, according to FEC records.
Federal records show that Hillary Clinton’s official campaign organization, Hillary For America, paid just under $5.1 million to Perkins Coie in 2016. The DNC paid nearly $5.4 million to the law firm in 2016.
Were the Obama campaign payments to Perkins Coie unrelated to the dossier? Or could there be something more here?
The timing and nature of the payments to Perkins Coie by Obama’s official campaign arm raise significant questions about whether OFA was funding Fusion GPS, how much Obama and his team knew about the contents and provenance of the dossier long before its contents were made public, and whether the president or his government lieutenants knowingly used a partisan political document to justify official government actions targeting the president’s political opponents named in the dossier. According to the Washington Post, Fusion GPS was first retained by Perkins Coie on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign in April of 2016.
Last year, Q Anon told his readers to ‘follow the wives’. This is a case in point:
At the same time that Hillary’s campaign, Obama’s campaign organization, and the DNC were simultaneously paying Perkins Coie, the spouse of one of Fusion GPS’s key employees was working directly for Obama in the West Wing. Shailagh Murray, a former Washington Post reporter-turned-political operative, was serving as a top communications adviser to Obama while the Obama administration was reportedly using information from the dossier to justify secret surveillance of Trump campaign staff. Murray is married to Neil King, a former Wall Street Journal reporter who was hired by Fusion GPS in December of 2016. While at the Wall Street Journal, King worked alongside Fusion GPS’s core team, even sharing bylines with Glenn Simpson, the Fusion GPS executive who personally hired Steele to probe Trump’s alleged Russia connections.
Based on all this information, we may conclude Obama was no stranger to the plot to get Trump.
FBI political involvement
My previous posts showed how the FBI are politically involved in an attempt to bring down Trump’s presidency.
January 10 marked the first anniversary of the Russian dossier’s release.
Congressman Mark Meadows (R-North Carolina) tweeted a short series on this topic, excerpted below:
1. Why did the FBI pay Christopher Steele for the Fusion GPS dossier, a political project paid for by the Clinton campaign? Why was the FBI involved in paying for a Democrat political project?
3. Did the FBI take the Clinton paid-for dossier to the FISA Court in 2016 and use it to spy on the Trump campaign? We’ve asked for the FISA application, and they won’t tell us.
5. Did President Obama’s DOJ, using the Fusion GPS dossier, target their political opponents during the 2016 campaign?
Bonus question: Why won’t the FBI answer any of these?
What happens next?
There are two Twitter threads I recommend on the aforementioned information. Both are optimistic and purport that Trump will know how to play this.
This thread covers much of what I have written here. More from Imperator_Rex follows:
5. Trump translation : ‘Nobody knows who OKd’ means ‘I know who OKd’. And that’s what we all need to keep in mind. Trump and his key people KNOW EVERYTHING. And such is the enormity, scale and gravity of what they know, it’s important to prepare the population with sensitivity.
6. Reminder : what’s about to emerge will render the Mueller SC and
@GenFlynn indictment null and void. It will explode the Trump-Russia lie into smithereens, removing the root cause for its existence and legitimacy. However, that will be only the beginning.
7. This will be just the start of a much broader investigation into Obama’s weaponization of the US state, into his own fiefdom. The beginning of a true dictatorship, where every department could be used to destroy innocent citizens at will.
12. Simply put, this is uncharted territory. The Fusion GPS scandal is in itself the worst scandal in American history, but the wider corruption and abuse of power is of a far greater magnitude. These people were about to destroy the American Republic.
13. What happens next needs to be managed with extreme care. Handled badly, it could have a major impact on public order, the markets & the economy. What we are seeing now is a pre-planned campaign to get everyone ready to accept disturbing truths.
14. I’m sure that it’s the greatest challenge Trump’s ever had to deal with. And that he will do it brilliantly. Buckle up. The end.
I read somewhere anecdotally that Trump’s strategic theme for 2017 was Salvage. His 2018 strategy is Savage. Let’s hope it’s true.
Larry Schweikart, a New York Times No. 1 Best Selling Author, is even more optimistic. He thinks that after all of this really starts coming out in the media and is investigated by Trump’s DOJ, that Americans will want Obama looked at, too.
Of course, this is a longer range plan than the near future that Imperator_Rex proposes, but Schweikart’s logic is interesting:
1) Here is the reality, and part of the reason prosecuting the criminals in the FBI and elsewhere is taking so long:
2) It will . . . not MAY . . . will lead to Zero. I think everyone in DC knows this.
3) Regardless of whether “Sessions has the guts to . . . .”
6) A year ago I thought it would be impossible to indict Cankles. Now, I think the odds are close to 50/50. But Zero?
7) Never in a million years did I think even the bravest investigators would “go there.” Now, I think it’s a possibility. Remote, but possible.
12) What this means for Zero is that you won’t see a prosecution unless/until it is generally thought that there would be public support for such a prosecution. Otherwise, the DOJ will just pull the old “unindicted co-conspirator” stuff.
13) YOU SHOULD ALL TAKE HEART of this rather rapid sea change. As I said, 12 months ago I didnt even think it was a possibility. But we are rapidly approaching the point where it will be discussed.
14) The next step would be the “crossover” for some Ds to join demand for justice
20) Again, for the many skeptics of this view keep in mind that Zero as an OUT-of-office president does not have nearly the race-guilt appeal that a “president Zero” had. Should be very interesting.
Every day this year has produced so much Trump-enemy related news that it is taking longer and longer to read it all.
There’s plenty more to come in my next post.
In the meantime, check out the latest Twitter trend: #fusioncollusion.
There’s more than just Fusion GPS there. Schweikart was right. Obama scandals are there, too.
It looks as if Americans are preparing for The Storm.